Is it just me or is deciding where to go out to eat sometimes a chore? It’s not that you don’t want to eat out, it’s that you don’t know where to go?#firstworldproblems
In the case of my husband and I the conversation usually goes like this:
Husband: “Where do you want to eat?”
Me: “I don’t know. You pick-I picked last time.”
Husband: “Ok, what are you hungry for?”
Me: “I have no idea.”
Husband: “Anything sound good?”
Me: “Not really. Maybe we should just order pizza.”
Let me be clear, there is nothing wrong with ordering a pizza. However, if this is a reoccurring theme in your life it might be time for an intervention. I will admit that it is difficult for us to go some places due to having our daughter (she’s two and yesterday she had a full on meltdown because she ripped a cheese slice in half and wanted me to put it back together). So sometimes we work around what would be good for her (like ordering a pizza) as I would venture to say many parents do. But when an opportunity comes along for a night out do you have a similar conversation to the one above? If you don’t I’m jealous. If you do then this blog post was made just for you!
While writing about this “ongoing dilemma” it made me think about all the great restaurants in Des Moines. There has always been a great local restaurant scene in Des Moines but over the past 10 years the options have doubled or maybe even tripled. I think that is something to be proud of and showcased!! Go Des Moines!!
I have rounded up a couple lists of restaurant’s in the Des Moines metro. I’m hoping this will help you solve the restaurant debate so you can spend time doing more enjoyable things- like drinking wine. Just a thought;) Anyway, five of these restaurants are places that I absolutely love. And the other five are restaurants that I have been wanting to try. In my opinion, we fall into the habit of going places we have already been because we love them so much. I’m guilty of this but it’s always fun to try something new! Be adventurous. So if you live in or close to Des Moines or are visiting the area this would be a good reference guide for local restaurants. Give these places a try- you won’t be disappointed!!
My Favorites (no particular order)
- Centro– http://www.centrodesmoines.com/
- Splash– http://splash-seafood.com/
- Tursi’s Latin King– https://m.mainstreethub.com/index.php/tursislatinking
- The Continental– http://www.continental-lounge.com/
- Lucca– https://www.luccadsm.net/menu/
Wanting to Try!
- Cheese Bar- http://www.cheesebardsm.com/
- Proof- http://proofrestaurant.com/
- Mad Meatball- http://www.themadmeatball.com/location/
- 801 Chophouse- https://801chophouse.com/des-moines/
- A Dong- http://www.adongrestaurant.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/adongmenu.pdf
What is your favorite local restaurant? Seriously, I want to know!! In the comments below share your favorite local restaurant with me. It might help someone pick a restaurant who is visiting your area or planning to in the future. Plus, I love food so humor me.
Pink Thoughts & Espresso Shots 💕☕️
* This blog is based on my thoughts and opinions. I am receiving no financial compensation. All photos were taken by this writer.