Get ready.. it’s about to be the invasion of pumpkin flavored everything. Even if it’s a bad idea.. it will be pumpkin flavored. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy a good pumpkin pie, muffin, latte, and maybe even a cookie or two. But let’s be realistic, no one can survive on pumpkin based food alone. I decided to round up my favorite fall recipes and put them on the blog. I’ve gathered recipes (from Pinterest) over the years and these are some of my favorites. Public Service Announcement: I am no gourmet chef but if I can make these so can you;)
Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and Sausage
- 1(19-ounce) bag frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 pound sausage (preferably Italian- I used mild Italian turkey sausage)
- 1 bag fresh spinach
- 2 can Italian style diced tomatoes
- 2 (12 ounce) cans low-fat chicken broth
- 1 (8-ounce) cream cheese, cut into cubes
Brown the sausage on the stove top until cooked and crumbled. Drain the excess grease.
Add the sausage and remaining ingredients to a 6 quart slow cooker. Stir all the ingredients. (just a side note- the spinach seems overwhelming at first but don’t worry it will shrink quickly)
Cook in the crock pot, on Low for 5 hours, stirring occasionally during cooking.
I found this recipe off of Pinterest at https://www.keyingredient.com/ under the user ukiahgal67. Just wanted to give credit where credit is due!! Looks like there is a bunch of other great recipes there so if you get a chance check it out.
On to the most important part of this blog post……DESSERT!!!
Bourbon and Brown Sugar Peach Pie
Pie Crust (9- inch lattice pie)
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup cold water
- 1/4/ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup ice
Bourbon and Brown Sugar Peach Filling (makes enough for (9-inch lattice pie)
- 1 pound fresh, ripe peaches (about 1 1/2 cups to 2 cups sliced) slice into 1/2 and 1 inch chunks
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 “heaping” tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- generous pinch of kosher salt
- 1 large egg
- granulated sugar, for sprinkling
I found this recipe on Pinterest from http://www.hummingbirdhigh.com/?m=1. She deserves all the credit for this wonderful recipe. I am going to include a link below to her recipe directions.
This was my first made from scratch pie and I really enjoyed making it. I’ll have to keep working on my dough and lattice top skills (shout out to all the ladies making pies from scratch, this is a lost art form). The filling of this pie is absolutely delicious!🍑🍑
Hope these recipes inspire you to think outside the pumpkin box this fall!! If you try these out let me know or post some pictures and tag me on Instagram or Facebook. Happy Fall Ya’ll 🍁🍁
Pink Thoughts & Espresso Shots xoxo