First off, the weather in Iowa has been a hot mess this past week. Thunderstorms, tornadic activity, and snow. I mean for the love of it all.. enough already. I think we might finally be turning the corner but I won’t hold my breath. #pleasesendspring
Do you guys follow a lot of bloggers? For me its been a relatively new thing within the last two years. I found some of my favorite bloggers on Instagram and Facebook. I am always impressed by their ideas, pictures, and writing abilities. I always feel inspired by them. Here are some of my favorites:
Check these ladies out if you get a chance!! I love them all!!
I’ve noticed that some of my favorite blog posts are the personal ones. The ones that let readers, like myself, find out more about the blogger they enjoy following. I realized I had been blogging for about a year and have not done a personal blog post. So, I thought I would tell you a little bit about myself.
So here goes:
- My name is Katherine. I rarely use my name on my blog or social media. So there you go:)
- I’ve been married to my husband, Ryan, for 5 years. We have one daughter, Ella Frances, who is 3 years old (going on 18). My husband is my best friends cousin(small world)! I knew him growing up and we went to the same high school, but dated other people. Around 2009, we connected on Facebook and started chatting. He lived in Chicago so it was long distance relationship until he moved to Des Moines in 2010. We dated and then got married in 2012.
- I was born and raised in Iowa. I love to travel but couldn’t imagine living anywhere else. That is partially why I started this blog to showcase Iowa and my pride in my home state.
- I’m the baby of my family having only one big brother.
- I have a dog named Rufus. My husband and I got him when we were still dating. Rufus was my first pet and my first baby. He is a “teddy bear” being half Shih-Tzu half Bichon.
- I’m a social worker, by profession. I’ve worked in the social work field for about 13 years and am working on getting my LISW (Independent Licensure). I started Pink Thoughts & Espresso Shots a year ago as a hobby and creative outlet. I’m hoping I can advance in the blogging world but for now it’s just a side dish;)
- I love rap music. If I am running on the treadmill I am probably listening to Drake, Kendrick Lamar, or Fetty Wap. However, I love all types of music. I am going to a Justin Timberlake concert in December and I am so jazzed about it! #bucketlistconcert
- I am the daughter, sister, and wife of a police officer. Needless to say we are a “thin blue line family.”
- I love espresso. I love it so much I incorporated it into my blog name. I’ve said this once before but there is something so comforting about a warm cup of coffee. It makes me feel like I can take on the world. Let’s be real, it’s really my toddler I’m taking on. Same difference.
- I have run two Half-Marathons. One was in San-Francisco (holy hills) and the other was in Des Moines. I’m really proud of those accomplishments as it was a challenge for me. I’m always in awe of the folks who run full marathons!! Amazing.
I hope you all enjoyed getting to know a little bit more about me!! I appreciate everyone’s support for Pink Thoughts & Espresso Shots!!!!