Hello Everyone!! I thought I would do a quick Mother’s Day post since the holiday is literally right around the corner. Better late than never right?? That is life for me lately. Do you have your mother’s day gift purchased and ready to go? If you do then props to you. If not then I have some local gift options rounded up below.
- My first suggestion is to make a stop at Tweedle Dees in Uptown Ankeny. They have so many cute things and a lot of them are made by local businesses!! One of my favorite local businesses that has items there is Lakeside Lettering Co. Lakeside Lettering Co. also has an Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/Lakesidelettering . If you are looking for something unique and want to support a local business (or two) then check out Tweedledees! http://tweedledeedee.wixsite.com/tweedledees/contact
- Next on the list is Antheia Flower Galleria located in the East Village downtown Des Moines. First off, the owner is just the kindest soul on the planet. Next, they have the most gorgeous flower arrangements. They also have some Lakeside Lettering Co signs in their shop! Flowers are honestly one of my favorite gifts!! https://theflowergalleria.com/
- Does your Mom like cupcakes?? Who doesn’t right? Scratch Cupcakery in West Des Moines is the best place for sweet treats that also make great gifts! My husband and daughter brought me Scratch cupcakes at work this year for my birthday. It was epic! Sometimes enjoying a cupcake is all you need in life. #cupcakelife http://www.scratchcupcakery.com/
- If you have been following me you know that I am a big supporter of Iowa Wineries. We have some of the best!! In one of my very first blog post’s I talked about some of my favorite wineries. Sharing a bottle of wine with your mom (if you are of age-of course) is the best. So get a bottle of wine (or two) from any following: http://www.summersetwine.com/ https://www.madisoncountywinery.com/ http://jasperwinery.com/ http://www.firesidewinery.com/
- Anyone have a Mama who loves jewelry?? If you want to get your mother something gorgeous, unique, and timeless then check out Leona Ruby. They are located in the East Village in downtown Des Moines. I purchased some lightweight leather earrings last year and I love them. This shop is so chic you won’t ever want to leave. Browse here- https://www.leonaruby
- Lastly, the Hubs and I just went to East Village Spa last week for a couples massage. #needtodothatmoreoften Let me tell you a couple things. First, the employees are so friendly and kind. Second, the environment is so calm and relaxing which is such a huge thing in my book. Third, we had the best massages. I promise you that your mother will be well taken care of and enjoy every second there!! #getheragiftcard http://www.evdayspa.com/
I hope these ideas are helpful to those of you who haven’t picked up a gift for Mother’s Day. Des Moines has a lot of great local places to shop so know these are only a few I’ve had personal experience with. Happy Shopping!! And of course- Happy Mother’s Day to all the beautiful Mamas out there!!!
Pink Thoughts & Espresso Shots xoxo
Disclaimer- This blog post is based solely on this writers opinions and personal experience. This writer is not affiliated with any of the above businesses nor am I receiving any financial compensation for this post.